Richardson

When my mother and I relocated to Dallas, from Central Illinois in 1987, Richardson is where we moved. We were drawn to the area because of its close proximity to Dallas, where my mother worked, and the exemplary schools. Thirty years later, Richardson still has a lot to offer to anyone considering purchasing a home in the area. 

The city of Richardson shares a border with Northeast Dallas. In fact, part of northeast Dallas is included in the Richardson Independent School District. On the southern end of Richardson, residents can easily access 635, an east/west thoroughfare. And to the northern end of Richardson, you can access the George Bush Turnpike, or 190, which will take you all the way from I-30 to DFW Airport and the mid-cities. Additionally, Central Expressway (75) runs north/south through Richardson all the way from Downtown Dallas up to Allen and McKinney. Last but not least, Richardson has four DART Light Rail stops. This is a great way to get to and from work if your office is anywhere along Central Expressway. It's also a great way to get the family to the Dallas Arts DistrictDallas Zoo or State Fair of Texas, without the hassles of traffic and parking.

For a long time, Richardson was known as the home of Texas Instruments. TI still has a strong presence in Richardson, but during the 1990s telecom boom, Richardson became known as the Telecom Corridor because it was home to so many telecommunications companies. TI and many of these telecom companies still have a large presence in the city, but recently Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas built a new headquarters in Richardson. State Farm quickly followed suit and built their regional headquarters at the CityLine development at 75 and 190. 

Richardson offers a diverse stock of housing options for anyone drawn to the area. There are many new apartments near the CityLine development, but the housing inventory consists mostly of single-family homes. As of May 2017, the median sale price of a single-detached home in Richardson was $286,000. The median days on market was very low a five, and supply was quite limited at only 1.1 months. Typically, 6 months of inventory is considered a market balanced with supply and demand. Despite the housing market being very competitive, a median sale price of $268,000 is still quite low compared to other parts of the country and Dallas/Fort Worth area. 

As you can see, Richardson has a lot to offer - great location within Dallas/Fort Worth, great schools, a diverse economy, proactive community leadership, and affordable housing. If you're interested in knowing more about what Richardson has to offer, please contact me. I truly believe that an educated customer is my best customer.

Search Richardson Homes for Sale

New Listings

Featured picture for the property 14095637
$400,000
Richardson, TX
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Susan Kassen
Ebby Halliday, REALTORS
NTREIS
Featured picture for the property 14094870
$319,900
Richardson, TX
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Roxanne Deberry
Keller Williams Realty Plano
NTREIS
Featured picture for the property 14093730
$320,000
Richardson, TX
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Roberta Eichenberger
Great American GMAC Real Estat
NTREIS
Featured picture for the property 14093044
$185,000
Richardson, TX
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Grace Wang
Mersaes Real Estate, Inc.
NTREIS
Featured picture for the property 14092754
$405,000
Richardson, TX
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Anne Westphal
Ebby Halliday, REALTORS
NTREIS
Updated May 21, 2019 7:03:pm. Based on information from the North Texas Real Estate Information Systems, Inc. This information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Any home sales data appearing on this page is obtained from public record sources (or estimates, for non-disclosure states) as provided by OnBoard, LLC and does not comprise an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). This information should not be used to replace a professional appraisal nor to determine the price of a particular property.

Today's Market Trends for Richardson *

$360,630

0.01%

$169

-0.01%

0.07%

April

March

0.16%

0.19%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable